Sunday, October 30, 2011

friends and fam

Every time we go up to Utah, we like to plan tons of stuff to do together. Sometimes it gets stressful! What I need to remember for our next trip, is that it's not the events we plan or the places we go that make the memories--it's the people...
This is my mother's mother. Doris Barlow:) I have always had a special bond with her(although I think all of her grandkids feel like they are the most special!) She watched me from the time I was 3 until I could take care of myself. I never realized how lucky I was to get that one on one time with her. I sing my girls to sleep with the same songs my grandma sang to me. I tear up almost every night singing her words. Her goodbye when I moved to TX was one of the hardest. No matter where I live, she is always close to my heart.I got to drive to Idaho with my dad to see my Williams' side. It was such a great day. My Grandma Fae still lives in the house that my dad grew up in! The second I walked in, I was overwhelmed with memories. Summer visits, cousins, cookies! She has a huge heart and is the sweetest woman in the world. My Grandpa Williams passed away about 4 years ago, but it felt like he would be just outside in the fields with the cattle. He was always such a hard worker. I treasure those memories made in that house, and am so grateful I got to make more with Eric and our girls. Thanks Grandma!My mommy...
I never appreciated my mother more than I do now that I have kids. She is so selfless and sweet and fun. I love her so much. The older I get, the more I learn of her life and her accomplishments and I will be ever greatful for her faith and courage!I am blessed with amazing siblings! My two sisters have children, and every time we go back home it feels like we never left! This is my bestie. Stacey Boam. She might be the nicest person you will ever meet. Never forgets a birthday. Spoils me rotten, loves my kids as if they were her own...ya know, the usual. hahaha. She is anything but usual. Our moms were friends when they were pregnant with us, and we have been there for each other ever since. Avree calls her "My Stacey."

0 comments: